MY BOOK'S MISSION -- BY LORI COOPER



MY BOOK’S MISSION: HELP, TEACH, INSPIRE, ADVOCATE, LEARN, UNIFY, EDUCATE, PROMOTE


I have written my book to help other victims of crime know they don’t have to wait more than four decades for justice when they feel all but forgotten, as my family and I did. Over the past forty-plus years, I made mental notes nobody affected by a crime like the shooting of a police officer, my late dad, and the eluding of authorities for forty-four years by the perpetrator, could ever forget, along with references to certain events surrounding the shooting my late dad made, pieces of a puzzle which, at the time, made absolutely no sense. When put together over these past five years, however, they had begun to make more than enough sense from as far back as the incident itself, occurred, or in 1972. 

As this story will reveal, I learned everything I could about how to circumvent procedures, processes, and even statutes, with limitations. I learned what Police Departments have in place with respect to protocols and how not to be afraid of those who dare to abuse their power, whether high-ranking law enforcement officers or elected or appointed officials within our judicial systems. That includes judges. Believe me, many of them did, in one way or another. That would just renew my efforts to receive all of the answers I could learn. Keep your eye on the prize: justice. Sometimes that justice turns out to look a bit different than what we’d originally thought it should look like, and if so, it’s okay. We haven’t failed.

I have become an expert justice warrior and a voice not only for my late dad, whose silence, except for the few incredibly important details he shared with me, was so loud it was deafening, but also a victim’s rights advocate for others who feel they’ve not been important enough to have a voice, and, therefore, must live in the sound of silence, as we did as a family for more than forty-four years. It is my mission through our story to inspire victims to do everything they can to seek justice through the aid of our leaders in positions of power who can pursue criminal actions against their offenders. In the absence of any such pursuit or the presence of any lingering fear, the last page of my book contains telephone numbers to national organizations for advocacy purposes. Many of those numbers are here on my website, too, under the tab VICTIM HELP. You can be your own advocate if you don’t let fear hold you back, and I REALLY want you to rid yourself of that fear. The list I have compiled for you, however, will reflect people who will step up to the plate and go to bat for you. It’s a definite start.

It is important to know our case was a precedent-setting case involving the issue of constitutional speedy trial rights. School Districts that mandate their high school students take a class in principles of democracy or federal government as a requirement for graduation should adopt this book as a part of your curriculum and instruction requirements of every one of your students. 

For every university offering undergraduate or graduate level Constitutional Law Classes, this book should be adopted, at a minimum, as a supplemental piece to your curriculum and instruction requirements for every single one of your Constitutional Law students. For every Police Department Training Academy in this country, this book should be a mandatory training requirement for every single individual who will graduate from your police department’s academy class as a sworn officer of the law. For every law enforcement and victim’s rights advocacy association and 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity whose activities and history involve matters of public safety, this should likewise be required reading of every single individual among your staff who plays an integral role in your group, charity, foundation, or organization’s mission, along with supplemental and educational material you provide in your membership packets if you’re a member-driven organization. We must ensure our case never happens to another law enforcement officer or his or her family again, or any victim of crime whose case is not adjudicated properly. Together, we can effect changes in our judicial system which will stand the test of time.

This is my story. I hope it will help you or anyone you know who’s been the victim of a crime or a flawed justice system. Remember, we elect our state’s lawmakers and judges and district attorneys and prosecutors for a reason. When they’re not working for us, it’s time we elect those who will.

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them.-Lois McMaster Bujold

My Book’s Publishing Dates:

Pre-order sales will be available soon and will be announced here or on my website at www.WriterLoriCooper.com.

The official launch date of when my book will go LIVE, and will be distributed to more than 40,000 retailers across the United States, Canada, and The UK, among other countries, will likewise be announced here and on my above-noted website!

My subtitle has been updated, below, featuring my cover and my three professional reviews on the back cover and at the bottom of this blog article! 

THE SOUND OF SILENCE: The Shocking True Crime Memoir of the 44-Year Quest Through Cover-ups and Corruption to Catch my Dad’s Killer

For inquiries, please contact me at www.WriterLoriCooper.com

Thank you for your support of my story!

Fondly,

Lori Cooper



Comments